Trying To Convert TR6 to Spin On Oil Adapter

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Trying To Convert TR6 to Spin On Oil Adapter
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:20:52 -0700
Showing my lack of mechanical skills here but I've gotten the original oil
canister off my 74 TR6 but can't figure out how to get it out of the engine
bay so I can install the spin on adapter. It was a squeeze just getting the
filter out through the bottom. Doesn't look like I can bring it up because
of the steering column and the clutch slave cylinder is in the way going
down. Is there something I just don't see or do I have to remove the 2
screws on the bracket that the clutch slave cylinder is attached to and tilt
it off to the side?

--
Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ