Re: Home alone - brake MC rebuild question

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Home alone - brake MC rebuild question
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:09:24 -0800 (PST)
Joe,

Remove the reservoir & you'll see this 1/4" hex bolt
in there.  Best bet is to go to a hardware store & get
the proper 1/4" allen head wrench.  I've tried to use
a nut on then end of a bolt with little luck.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
CD198L
CF25768UO

--- Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Wednesday 11:00 a.m. EST
> Folks:
>
> I'm at home today attempting to rebuild the brake
> master cylinder on my TR6.  Step #5 of the Bentley
> manual says "maintaining slight pressure on the
> secondary plunger, remove the tipping valve."
> Sounds
> simple but it won't pull out.  There's no mention of
> the internal nut which seems to hold it in place.
> Does this need to come out first?  And if so, is
> there
> a special tool to use?
>
> Please reply-sender as I'm on the digest version and
> would like to know the answer soon.  Thanks a lot.
>
> Joe Merone
> CF18928

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate
Click now to apply http://yahoo.degrees.info