Re: PDWA

To: colinthom@shaw.ca, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PDWA
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:54:04 -0500
  Colin,

 Despite the fact that the plastic switch has two leads on top of it, you are
correct, they are connected and it doesnt matter which one you attach the lead
from the wiring harness to. The switch is triggered by the shuttle inside the
PDWA which has a thinner part in the middle and thicker part on either end. In
its "normal" operating position the shuttle is centered and the thinner part
allows the plunger on the plastic switch to remain lowered. When there is an
imbalance in the braking system and lower fluid in either the front or rear
braking system then the shuttle is pushed to one side or the other, pushing the
thicker part of the shuttle towards the center of the PDWA and pushing the
plunger on the plastic switch up, triggering your brake light on your dash so
you know you have a problem with the braking system. While the system will work
just fine, I would think the lack of front brakes would be noticed by how your
car DIDNT stop when the brakes were applied, before y!
 ou ever had the chance to look at the light on the dash. Now the rear brakes
failing would trigger the light on the dash and you wouldnt be as likely to
feel the difference and you might not notice the difference until the light
went on the dash. Maybe others who might have been through such a failure might
be able to relate their personal experience. Hopefully this makes sense and I
have answered your question. If not then just let me know and I will try again.

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108