It all works

To: "Triumph 6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: It all works
From: "John North" <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 21:57:19 -0500
It started with needing to fix a clutch, but then, if I'm going to
pull the trannie, might as well add overdrive.   And while it's out,
might as well rebuild the trannie.   Oh, and might as well fix all the
oil leaks...

I finally have all this done and put back together, and it works!!
Several snags along the way, notably crank thrust washers, but really,
it's great to have the car on the road and I really like the OD.

I added up the cost of the OD and trannie rebuild - about $1,200
total, includes everything, shipping etc, down to the oil.   I bought
a used trannie on eBay so I wasn't stalled out during the rebuild and
this added another $200, but I can sell the one I pulled out now...

Couldn't have done this without you all.   In fact I would not have
attempted it without knowing I could talk to experienced folks.
Sorry to have been a PITA with dumb questions sometimes, you bore it
with grace.

Thanks for all the help

John North