TR250 Commission plate Source

To: Six Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 Commission plate Source
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:09:00 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

Seems that the 250's produced after January 1st 1968
have commission plates that are not all that easy to
come by.

I ordered a plate from TRF that they have listed as
the correct plate for the 4/4a/250, but it doesn't
have the "applicable on" and it's a bit smaller than
the 250 commission plate installed after January 1st
1968.  I contacted TRF & ordered the plate that looked
a bit more correct from their Green Catalog...I
believe it to be the CNP73(Early TR6).  It has all the
"fields" on the plate, but it's actually larger than
the original 250 plates.  The holes don't quite line
up either.  Spoke to Dave at TRF & we agreed that what
they're selling is the UK spec plate.  I'll use that
one until I can get the correct plate.

All that said...Does anyone know of a source for the
correct 250 Commission plate?  I need a couple of
them.

I've e-mailed
http://www.clarkespares.com/carparts.html but it's
late & haven't heard back.  Don't know if there's
anyone else out there?

Also, is there anyone out there with an EARLY
commission TR250 have pics of their plate?  I seemed
to have lost my early plate.  Perhaps the TR4/4A/250
plate that TRF sells is correct for it as I think it
was built prior to 1/1/68

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez