Water Wetter

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Water Wetter
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:56:30 EST
Listers:

As a follow-up to my coolant change post yesterday, I completed the job
without any problems.  I removed the thermostat for the flushing part, and
replaced it while sealing with blue RTV.  I used a combination of 60% water
and 40%
Prestone.  Per a recommendation from a list member, I also added  some
Redline Water Wetter.

I had used this product in the past in my Porsche 968 track car, but that
car always ran cool and I didn't notice any particular difference.  In my  TR6,
the temp gauge was running just on the cool side of the midpoint in typical
driving just prior to the coolant change.  Now, it is running just on the  warm
side of the 1/4 mark (cool half of the gauge).  The only explanation I  have
is either that I dislodged some crud that was preventing proper circulation
of coolant, or that the Water Wetter is lowering the temperature.  This may
actually sound too cool, but our temps in Miami are only in the high 70s right
now, while they go to the mid-90s in the summer, so I will take any help in
reducing coolant temperatures.

Just thought I'd pass this on.  Merry Christmas, everybody.

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
CF 57044U