RE: [6pack] glove box lock

To: <SamuelsMA@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] glove box lock
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:48:58 -0700
        Michael:

        There is a small finger with a rubber bumper on it that
functions as a stop when closing the door. Bend this forward about 1/16"
or so, and it should solve your problem. It should be on the left (?)
just inside the glove box door.
        To answer your question though, yes you can fit the older lock
and finger pull. However, the older lock/pull tab is chrome and the
hinges and other fittings on the TR6 are black, so it won't match. You
will need to enlarge and reshape the hole so that the new lock and
finger pull will fit. Also, the glove box key will no longer match your
trunk, so you will need to carry another key (identical looking) on your
keychain. If your luck is anything like mine, the first key you try will
always be the wrong one. =:-o <whimper>

        Vance