[6pack] front suspension rebuild

To: 6-pac <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] front suspension rebuild
From: tomkate@shaw.ca
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:05:15 -0700
Hi Guys
  Whilst rebuilding my front end I've come into a problem. The left wishbone
holes, where the trunion bolts through, don't line up; the leading edge of the
rear one is inboard about 1/4". I can force the issue, as I did in the last
re& re many years ago but it puts alot of strain on the prothane bushings. I
put three shims in tonight between the frame and mounting bracket and this got
them closer, however there is not enough thread left on the brackets bolts to
engage the nylocs properly. So, should I just assemble as I did in the
previous rebuild, or shim them and loctite the nuts, and will these shims
cause an alignment problem ( I had none there before and no real wear problems
on the tires) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

                        thanks    Tom Martin  75 TR 6
     P.S. I am into this work because my right stub axel sheared off.... very
scarey... I'll write and tell about it next time.........