[6pack] RE: TR6 Carb Questions - height of the needle valve?

To: vance.navarrette@intel.com, 6pack@autox.team.net,
Subject: [6pack] RE: TR6 Carb Questions - height of the needle valve?
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:31:25 +0000
thanks.

ok, now i am confused as to what is the proper height of the needle valve.
the instructions state to use a 1/16 inch washer and then bend the floats
to equal 16mm at the back part.

but if i add washers, thent he height of the entire float will be different,
mainly
noticeble on the front portion.

i am not confident that the DPO installed the correct washer heights.

thanks for any advice.

james
76 tr6

>From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
>To: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: [6pack] TR6 Carb Questions
>Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:55:20 -0700
>

>       The jet is where the fuel discharges into the air stream that is
>headed for the cylinders.
>       "Gross Jet" is a brand of needle valve. The name is rather
>unfortunate, because people start referring to the needle valve as the
>"jet" which is not the correct term.
>       The aluminum washer is only needed if the new needle valve is of
>a different height than the old needle valve. Use the washer(s) as shims
>to get the new needle valve seat the same height as the one being
>replaced. This is necessary to minimize the adjustment in setting the
>float height.
>
>       Vance

More photos, more messages, more storageget 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.