RE: [6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...

To: "Timothy Holbrook" <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [6pack] RE: Gas tank: what models used which tank...
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:12:32 -0700
        Tim:

        Your tank is correct for the earlier cars. There should also be
a vapor trap behind the trim panel in the trunk, on the right side of
the car.
        The drawings I looked at did not show the extra pipe, however.
But drawings don't always tell you everything and this would definitely
explain my confusion.
        I was struggling with the vendor's insistence that this was for
a late model TR6, but if it is in fact a tank for an early TR6 then that
is a preferred explanation. Too difficult otherwise to explain why a US
vendor would be carrying a PI tank.

        Thanks,

        Vance