Re: [6pack] Yet Another TR6 Clutch Post

To: acekraut11@aol.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Yet Another TR6 Clutch Post
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:17:36 -0700
Aaron---I never had any problem with the Gunst bearing while using the
B&B pressure plate with the cranked fingers. Mr.Gunst claimed he
experienced a "whistling sound" from the B&B and figured it to be the
way the fingers were shaped. If this were always true, I would think
that this type of clutch should whistle regardless of which bearing is
being used.
If you already bought the B&B clutch, my vote is to use it!

Dick

acekraut11@aol.com

  Hi List:
While there have been many discussions regarding the TR6 clutch I dont
recall this particular question being asked.? According to TRF web site:
"Joachim does not recommend using his throw-out bearing with Borg & Beck
pressure plates or with any pressure plates having bent or "crooked" end
on? spring fingers..."
Of course, I purchased a clutch set-up before being aware of this fact
and, you guessed it, it is a Borg & Beck, and it has bent fingers.? What
has been the experience of the list regarding this set-up?? Has anyone
installed a Gunst bearing with a Borg & Beck pressure plate or another
brand with bent fingers.? What was the result?? TRF suggest that LUK
clutches are best with the Gunst Bearing.? For those running with the
Gunst bearing what do you have installed for other components besides
B&B and how is your set-up performing?
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Aaron
Aaron Cropley