Re: [6pack] PI or FI That is the question

To: "W. W. Moine" <bmoine@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] PI or FI That is the question
From: James Franks <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 07:32:04 -0400
I have done a couple of Megasquirt installs on different vehicles. It
works very well. The TWM throttle bodies look to be Weber based, and
should perform  nicely. Another option is to convert your carbs to TBI
using the nifty pieces being produced by a member on the list.

I personally think a combination of EDIS wheel for the crank fired
ignition and the TBI carb conversion efi solution, all controlled by
Megasquirt  is the way I will go on my own TR6..

Those with less DIY skills might opt for a converted GM ECU based
fuel/ignition solution that would require less tuning to use, but not be
as flexible ultimately.

I am waiting to see the pictures of the EDIS crank wheel work done by a
recent poster. If it looks nice I'll be getting a couple for future
conversions.

If anyone local to me is considering a having custom EFI conversion done
for them this winter,  I will have the time in my schedule to do one.

Jim Franks