RE: [6pack] caliper bolts

To: "james mc arthur" <jrmcarthur@verizon.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] caliper bolts
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:19:16 -0700
        Probably because they are made by the same supplier in the UK
that originally made them for Triumph, are brought over in small
batches, then given a 500% markup.

        Forget the Moss bolts. Go to the hardware store and get some
grade 8 bolts. They will run you about $1 each instead and they are
stronger than the originals. Do NOT get anything less than grade 5 (the
original grade). The generic bolts that are sold for a few pennies each
are grade 2, and have less than half the strength of grade 5, and less
than 1/3 the strength of grade 8 bolts. Brakes are not the place to use
cheap fasteners.

        Vance