[6pack] Fw: rear brake cylinder modification

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Fw: rear brake cylinder modification
From: "PASAL \(P.Alferink\)" <p.alferink@pasal.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:04:18 +0200
Listers,
Two weeks ago 8 TRs toured the hilly Ardennes at night. Lots of fun.
Until one of us didn't manage to make one of the many 180 turns. The car ended
4m lower, passengers not hurt (they had 4pt safety harnasses) and three hours
+ a crane later it turned out the car suffered only very, very minor damage.
So the story ends on a good note.
Anyhow, when looking at the skid marks, it showed that the front wheels locked
up and the car went straight in the woods instead of around the corner. A
better brake distribution, maybe, could have prevented the skidding.
After positive messages here on the list I have long been thinking about
upgrading the rear brake cylinders. For making a decision, please let me have
your thoughts:
1. Do better rear brakes indeed reduce locking up of the front?
2. Going from 0.7 to the later 0.75 to the Morgan 0.875, is there a point
reached where the rear brakes are too much (resulting in overheating / and or
handling issues)?
3. Which supplier do you recommend (pref. one in Europe)?
Pim
Pimento '73 with latest Kent cam (TH12)