Re: [6pack] Horn Works on its own

To: Bob Danielson <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Horn Works on its own
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:45:05 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

If it makes you feel any better, I have exactly the same situation with my
Grant steering wheel adapter.

I gave up and installed a universal horn button and wired it directly to
the horn relay. No more intermittent horn!

I also carried a 1-1/16" socket around for a while "just in case" I had to
pull the steering wheel offto unjam the thingie in the Grant adapter.

I presumed that a replacement part implies that you have to get a new
adapter (good luck getting the old thingie out of the adapter, it's
pressed in quite nicely!). We're most interested to hear the outcome of
your situation.

Do you have the 14" wheel? I have the 13" so I can turn-in quicker. Lots
of fun on race tires! I like it som much, I have the same wheel on both
TR6's!

rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489