[6pack] TR6 racing trials and tribulations.

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] TR6 racing trials and tribulations.
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 01:33:09 -0500
Saturday Morning practice went OK but with 55 cars in the field I didn't get
a free run at the track.

Rains from Friday also made it slick.

In the shakedown inspection, 6pack member Mark Pruitt found the radiator
overflow a little full but we thought we may have gone out with too much
coolant so we just shrugged it off.

Next we went out for qualifying but on the third lap, while passing a Datsun
240 and 2nd generation RX7, my overflow bottle spewed coolant out its relief
hose.

The gauge was at 300 so I slowed my pace and limped back to the pits.

After another Toaster tow back to our paddock Mark found water in the oil.

I was time for another head gasket change at the track; running a 16 to 1
TR6 motor is not for wimps!

Mark and I had done this before at the all Triumph race in Oklahoma two
years ago (then, with the help of 6packer John Korsak) so Mark and my friend
Brian Putman were able to change it out and have the car back running again
in 3.5 hours.

Tomorrow I will start in 30th place behind slower cars so the video on Marks
site should be interesting.

I will let you guys know next week how the Sunday morning race goes.

Mike

http://www.marks-tr6-garage.com/racing.html