RE: [6pack] Re: [Fot] Just Sick - car stolen

To: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>, "Triumph" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Re: [Fot] Just Sick - car stolen
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:24:21 -0700
        What makes it doubly sad is that selling the car is all but
impossible for the typical thief. The trailer is probably what he
wanted, the car was just an unfortunate causality of the intended crime.
        My I suggest that you keep an eye on Craig's list and eBay? You
may be able to catch the thief trying to unload the goods. The local rag
(The Oregonian) has reported that several people have caught up with
thieves shortly after being victimized by watching the for sale ads and
recognizing their lost goods. Arranging the purchase and a quick call to
the police results in the thief being apprehended in short order. The
local gendarmes seem very willing to stake out the prearranged purchase
once they are up to speed on the circumstances.
        I don't know if you can get that lucky, but it is worth a shot,
particularly for the trailer which I would guess is the most saleable
and the least traceable (rip of the license plate, and no one will ever
know).

        Vance