[6pack] TR6 brake caliper

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] TR6 brake caliper
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:09:31 -0400
I have a TR6 that was hit on the drivers side and wipe out the front
suspension on that side.
 I rebuilt the calipers on both sides.
The original Passenger side caliper is marked Type 16  6b on one side and Type
16PB QS 11 G on the other side.
Unfortunately I didn't keep the original drivers side caliper since it was
broke in half, so I can't compare it to the one
I acquired one off another 74 TR6.
.
It is marked Type 16  11M on one side and Type 16PB  13M on the other.  This
one I had to use 4 shims to get it to center on the rotor.
It does not open up as much as the passenger side to fit over the rotor with
the pads installed..
Does anyone know if this is the proper brake caliper?

Thanks

Al Salvatore