Re: [6pack] Worn pressure plate as the cause of clutch judder ?

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Worn pressure plate as the cause of clutch judder ?
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:44:05 +0000
John, that's a good thought. The tranny did not go in willingly although I did
support it on blocks while my next door neighbor and I manhandled it into its
final position and eventually go the two mated.

I used the alignment dowels, new engine and rear tranny mounts, I thought I
had done everything right and the system worked fine for several weeks and 400
miles.

The next time I do this will be in a few weeks when we put my engine back
together so this time I will be mating the tranny to the engine before
installing into the car so I'm hoping to avoid any gremlins of my own making.

Stan