[6pack] Hardtop

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Hardtop
From: "joseph zagami" <jzagami@si.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:57:28 -0400
Hello All,
                I am just completing the resto for my factory hardtop.
Vance's article helped with the headliner and I have some tips to offer at a
future posting. Now to the question: The old headliner had 7 studs riveted
to the rear shelf lining and one on the bottom of each b pillar post. The
factory top kit manual also mention these fittings as well as a "soft-top
cover" in various colors.  My boot cover does not fit these spacings. My
guess is the mystery soft-top cover is the link here with the hardtop
somehow being fitted over the folded ragtop still in place on the car. No
publication has any picture of the "soft-top cover". Anyone have info on the
studs?
          Regards,
                     JZ  71TR6  original owner
GOD BLESS AMERICA