[6pack] Electric AC Compressor

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Electric AC Compressor
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:15:04 -0700 (PDT)
Down here in Florida Summer's are like winters up north as far as driving my
TR 6 is concerned.  Top down you fry and bake, top up you just bake.  Now that
fall is almost here, notice how we slow learners suffer all Summer before we
get the message, I'm thinking of finally putting AC in my car.  Several of my
friends who are obviously smarter than me have already done this and are
encouraging me to do the same.

One of the major problems they have told me about is sourcing an AC mount and
crank pulley.  I've recently noticed that the electric and hybrid vehicles use
an electric compressor instead of one that is crank driven.  I saw one on
e-bay from a Toyota Prius with a buy it now price of $399.  Has anyone out
there done or considered using an electric AC compressor on their 6?  I may
give it a try but prefer not to re invent the wheel if someone else has
already done it and of course if I don't discover from someone that it can't
be done.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6 (hot in Fla summers) but the hardotp and AC should
work well.