Re: [6pack] Ignition wires

To: forzion@maine.rr.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] Ignition wires
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 18:06:58 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I did some 8mm heli-cores about 8 years ago, the kit came with a crimper
that fits in the jaws of a bench vise... worked very well.

About the only problem with those wires was that the boots are REALLY LONG
so you MUST use dielectric grease when you slide the boots onto the plugs
or they will get stuck (near impossible to remove) or you can't get the
connector to make tight contact with the plug.

I wound up cutting 1/2" or so off the boots to make installation a bit
easier, but my situation is pretty much worst case as I frequently pull
the entire ignition system to do "stuff" on the motor. On the plus side,
removal installtion is less than 10 min.

:-)

There's no minus, I can have a new ignition system in that time. That
ALWAYS works when there's a problem. Troubleshooting comes later when I
have time to putter.

rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489