Re: [6pack] stripped bolt

To: "Mark" <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>,"6pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] stripped bolt
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 20:33:14 -0400
At 07:52 PM 10/12/2008, Mark wrote:

>I have removed all of the bolts holding body tub to the frame but one.  The
>passenger side on the rear deck is recessed and went in at an angle so the
>washer underneath prevents the socket from getting a good bite.  I have
>completely rounded over the edges in my frustration.  I've tried vise grips
>but can't get a good hold.  Any ideas on how to remove this #$&^% off?

I assume your goal is to remove the tub...

First thought:  Can you get a drill to it?  If so, you can
center-punch the bolt head and drill it out with a bit equal to the
bolt diameter...  This will allow the body to be lifted off the stem
of the bolt, where you can work on getting it out.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Athens, Georgia         #354