Re: [6pack] replacement seat belts TR6

To: "im_sloane@hotmail.com" <im_sloane@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] replacement seat belts TR6
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:27:10 -0700
        Vic:

        My conclusion long ago was that these get removed in very short order
by the DPO. I am not sure why they get removed, only that they do. My car
didn't have them at all, and it was not until I replaced the carpeting that I
realized there was supposed to be something there on the rockers.
        I got a pair from British Auto Works just to make the car more
original, as I really don't use them very often.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast
Sloane,

  It's a plastic molded pocket/receiver that's screwed to the interior
rockers to accept the male spade portion of the seat belt.  It provides an
unused
seat belt a place to "park", giving the interior  a clean, organized look vs.
having the belts lay on the seat or floor, or  fall down between the seat and
rocker. If you view the "parked" belt with the  doors open, you will see the
belt run from the retractor to the "parker" at a  45-degree (?) angle. If you
open the door, and they are present in your car,  they will be around the
halfway point of the door jamb on the interior  side.
  These must be commonly missing from a lot of cars. A local TR6  collector
commented at a recent show "Wow, seat belt parkers !" I would surmise  no one
uses them or they are missing, or perhaps they were installed on later
models
??

Regards,
Vic Snively