[6pack] Engine swap (Kendall Larsen)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Engine swap (Kendall Larsen)
From: janah@att.net
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 05:39:06 +0000
Hi Kendall,

Do you have a 74 or a 74-1/2 with the air-pump?  If it was me, I would use your
existing manifold or one from a 72, 73 or 74 without the the airmanifold
fittings on it and mate it up to your running 70 engine.  The later exhaust
manifolds will fit the earlier engine.  Itis just the intake manifolds that
afre not interchangable.

Reagrds,
John Cyg

<snip>

There are a few possible
courses of action. I'd like your thoughts if you're in the mood to share...
1.) Have a down pipe made up / modified to fit the old manifold single pipe
exhaust to my dual exhaust.

2.) Put my 74 head on the 1970 block and run it
like that. Will this work?

3.) Pull the crank and finish building my original
engine properly. Then part out the rest of the 1970 engine.

4.) Amazing ideas
I haven't thought of yet?

Kendall
San Clemente, CA