Re: [6pack] E3 Spark Plugs

To: Bob Danielson <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] E3 Spark Plugs
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:53:46 -0700
        Bob:

        There is nothing too advanced about these. Bosch has been making a
similar
product for years. Yes, the plug life is prolonged at or near peak
performance. So the advantage is real, but modest.

        The plug I am interested in is the pulse plug - http://www.pulstar.com
        David Vizard does some extensive testing of Nology spark plug wires
(http://www.nology.com) in his book, "Tuning the A series Engine". The Nology
wire does the exact same thing as the pulse plug. The Nology tuning circuit is
part of the plug wire. Electrically the pulse plug and the Nology wire are the
same circuit - except Nology does not have a patent on putting the circuit
inside the plug. Nology holds patents on the energy storage plug wire, and
they are the only company making them as far as I know...
        Pulse plugs avoids Nology's patents by moving the circuit inside the
plug.
According to Vizard, the power gains are real for attaching an energy storage
device to your plug. His best A series motor ever used the Nology wires. The
gains were modest (2-3 HP on a 1400 cc engine) but real, or so he claimed.
        My only gripe is that the plugs (and the Nology wires for that matter)
are
EXPENSIVE! $150 for a set of plugs for our beloved 6s. Waaa!!! And, they wear
out just like conventional plugs, so you need to replace them (perhaps not as
often). In that regard the Nology wires are superior, since they can be used
with cheap spark plugs.
        So, if you want to try out a set of pulse plugs and let us know, I am
ALL
EARS!!!

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast

        P.S. if the babe on the Nology web page comes with the wires, I am
buying TWO
sets of wires and forgetting the plugs.