Re: [6pack] Painting brake calipers?

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [6pack] Painting brake calipers?
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 19:33:43 -0800 (PST)
Stan:
I used paint stripper. After removing the gunk with a small brass brush and
paper towels, I cleaned it with a rag and toothbrush (my wife's HA!) moistened
with laquer thinner. This was followed with mineral spirits to remove the
thinner residue. After the parts dried I masked or plugged holes as required.
I did not disassemble the calipers. They came out very clean and ready for
paint.

I tried a caliper paint kit from Eastwood but it globbed badly and left a
horrible finish. So I stripped them TWICE. The second time I used high temp
header spray paint, and they looked great.

Jim