Re: [6pack] Directional brake rotors

To: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Directional brake rotors
From: Mitch <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:20:21 -0500
I had the same problem with a set of Brembo drilled & slotted rotors.
Here are the instructions from their site.

"The slots are angled to use the rotors' direction of rotation to
enhance their performance, which makes the rotors side-specific with
left and right side rotors. Brembo Sport slotted brake rotors are sold
in axle pairs and the easiest way to verify correct usage is to install
the rotors on the side of the vehicle that results in the end of the
slot nearest the outer edge of the rotor always contacting the brake
pads first."

*This leads me to believe they want the the swirl to face forward. This
would cause the pad dust & gas to the center hub , not toward the outer
edge.  I did not feel this was correct & installed the rotors the
opposite way so that the dust/gas would swirl from the center up to the
outer edge of the rotor.  Looking at the side of the car the rotor slot
spins counter clockwise from center out.

I will say that these do stop very well but are noisy and wear the pads
a little faster.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.