[6pack] California and emissions, state inspection for pre-76 TR6's

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] California and emissions, state inspection for pre-76 TR6's
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 04:25:28 +0000
I was under the impression that CA TR6's of any year could not be modified in
any way that would alter the original emissions configuration but I was just
looking at an ad for a 1975 car in LA with 3 x dcoe Webers (advertized on
eBay) so perhaps I am incorrect.

Could someone from CA please summarize what the inspection rules are and if
such a mod is acceptable ?. Here in MA there is no emissions test or other
visual examination of emissions equipment as far as I know for any year TR.

Stan