[6pack] TR250 For Sale - Boston

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] TR250 For Sale - Boston
From: Gary Hamilton <ghamilton99@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:00:08 -0600 (CST)
1968 Triumph TR250. This was a limited production car produced between
the TR4A & TR6, only 8300 produced. Older amateur restoration by
previous owner.
Car has been a daily summer driver for me for last 2 years, I have owned
for 4. Car looks good from 20 feet. Previous body repairs do have some
bondo. Corners of hood, doors & trunk lid have some rust coming through.
Have good clean extra hood & trunk. Chassis has a few soft spots; not
unusual for A 40-year-old British car! I have done some resto to the car
as I drove it. Spin on oil filter, new three point retractable
seatbelts, drive shaft u joints, rear end seals, new driverbs floor,
scraped and painted both sides & rust proofed. Front end was rebuilt
with new shocks and bushings. Car runs good with 75 psi oil cold and
constant 40-50 psi hot. Drive shaft, rear, seats and exhaust currently
out of car. Almost brand new Ansa dual exhaust to go back in. Extra
radiator, boiled, pressure tested and painted ready to be installed with
all new hoses. Brand new top still in box. Set of four sixty spoke wire
wheels and hubs. Existing Pirelli 205/70/15 tires in great shape.
Included is additional extra complete drive train b engine to rear
axles, including transmission, brake calipers, discs, included. Many
boxes of other parts are also included. Extra engine was supposedly
rebuilt to be installed in a TVR, but never happened. I have no proof of
this other than the engine has fresh paint & turns over by hand. Also
included is an original factory service manual and various other TR
literature, including CD of many Triumph restoration documents from the
web.

I have owned Triumphs since 1975, including another TR250 & TR3.

Hate to see her go, but I do not see time in the foreseeable future to
give her the attention she needs. Please note this car starts & runs,
but currently is not driveable because the drive train is out. A weekend
by a handy person would have her back on the road.

I am asking $5,750 as is; once car is back on road Ibm going to ask at
least $6,500, but at that point I may decide to keep her.

If you are not a Triumph or British car enthusiast with mechanical
knowledge this is probably not the car for you, but if you have some
solid mechanical skills, this is a great candidate for a daily driver or
restoration.

Please no tire kickers, serious inquires only, I will answer all
questions honestly.

Gary Hamilton