Re: [6pack] Help with Sync'ing those darn carbs...

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Help with Sync'ing those darn carbs...
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:34:06 +0000
James, my experience with sync devices is not that great as they seem to
introduce an element from Hiesenberg into the process unless you have all of
the planets aligned (rpm, air bleed on the device etc). I have a lot better
luck with a short piece of tube. Stick one end in your ear, hold the other end
against the carb venturi so that the end of it is sticking up into the air
flow and you have it in the same position for each carb. Listen to the sound
of the air rushing past the end of the tube. When it sounds the same for all
carbs you are done.

Once you get them set up with the ear method see what your sync device is
saying. Use the lowest rpm and widest air opening on the sync device as you
can get away with to reduce the tendency of the device to affect the running
engine.

Stan