Re: [6pack] Lucas to Delco Alternator Recipe for late TR6

To: Wayne Lee <wayne@motorcarriage.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Lucas to Delco Alternator Recipe for late TR6
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:04:16 +0000
Wayne, there are probably several/many options for higher output alternators.
I used a Bosch unit which is well known to be mechanically and plug compatible
with the original Lucas so it is a bolt on and delivers 55A.

I bought mine at Autozone (part number 13107) for around $120 last year. I had
to source a fan and pulley from the local alternator shop as I didn't want to
cannibalize my otherwise good Lucas alternator. That added another $15 or so
to the cost. The fan belt will depend on the pulley size but I am using a 45.5
inch belt.

The new alternator came with a built in voltage sense widget so I just
insulated and tucked away the original wire in the loom as it was no longer
needed.

Stan