[6pack] Problem.

To: "'members@dctra.orgDCTRA" <members@dctra.org>
Subject: [6pack] Problem.
From: <johnehorton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:34:45 -0800 (PST)
I think I might have come up with a solution for the dreaded loss of the
accelerator rod bushings for the TR6 -TR250 series.  The problem is the nylon
bushing after a period of time goes away.  This creates a real mess, in that
replacing it is no small task.  The entire assembly has to be removed and a new
bushing FORCED into the 5/8" opening, more often than not ruining the new
bushing.  Then replace the assembly.

My fix consists of two aluminum bearings, and a shaft collar.  The throttle
lever would hold one in place and the other is held by the collar. the shaft
collar will position the entire shaft assembly.  All work with exception of the
interior cotter pin and washer can be done from the under hood.  I will make
two bushings and bring them to the brunch.  I should have the collars Monday.
The aluminum bearings will hold the shaft in place tightly and make the peddle
more responsive.

John Horton.