Re: [6pack] Spark plug torque

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>, oliver
Subject: Re: [6pack] Spark plug torque
From: ed <bratt@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 01:49:03 -0600
Dick:

I am out on the Canadian prairie, a long way from the beaches,
(unfortunately), and we get sand lodged in our engines, too.  But here it
comes from the winter "road sand mix" applications, and it gets blown about
by the traffic.

An interesting thing happened a few weeks ago.  A power line carrying 25,000
volts shorted from an accumulation of calcium chloride which is used in the
winter road sand mix.  It evaporates and is attracted to the glass coated
power line insulators and builds up and forms a conductive surface removing
the insulating capability of the glass insulators.  Then the power line
shorts, and knocks out all the power in the downtown area.  Suddenly drivers
have to learn to think about what to do without traffic signals.

Ed
1976 TR6