Re: [6pack] OD doesn't disengage when hot

To: <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] OD doesn't disengage when hot
From: "Robert Liam Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:43:04 -0500
Sounds to me like a fault in the Solenoid. Remove it and clean all the
surfaces on the plunger and the inside of the unit. Polish the plunger. Then
apply a thin coat of dialectic grease. While off the car test the unit by
setting up a switch simulating the power and ground. Using a car battery,
energize the solenoid for a while as to recreate the heat and after a while
switch off and on again, see if it engages. The newer units from the Far
East are not as good as the original from the UK. Just my two cents worth.