[6pack] Throw Out Bearing Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Throw Out Bearing Question
From: Lfm614@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:34:01 EDT
I am going back together and ready to put the tranny on the motor.  I  bought
a brand new standard OEM throw out bearing assembly from TRF to  replace my
old one that was starting to sing.  The new sleeve does not  have the pin to
keep it from turning on the fork pins like the  old one, it has the little hole
though.  How critical is that pin?   Doesn't look like you can get one in
there once the sleeve and bearing are  pressed together. I did notice that my
old
one has two notches or impressions  from the old pins up against where the pin
is and 180 deg out.  I thought  that maybe that is the reason the pin may
longer be used.

Any experience with this?  Is this assembly put together wrong?

Thanks,

Lou

**************Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make meals for Under
$10. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000002)