[6pack] J-Type OD Test Run

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] J-Type OD Test Run
From: "Corbitt, Michael" <Michael_Corbitt@ous.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:50:24 -0700
This past week I finished wiring the J-Type OD I installed in my 69.  I
couldn't wait any longer, so Thursday evening with a few minutes of daylight
remaining, I bolted the driver's seat in with two bolts and sans a seat belt I
ventured out onto our local back road for a test drive.  I was just amazed all
the gears actually worked, let alone the OD.  I must say, it was a long
one-second wait when I hit the OD lever.  What a sweet feeling.  I'm sure I
was grinning ear to ear.    It's amazing how much heat comes up through the
opening around the gearbox. Felt pretty nice on a cool evening, but in the
summer that would be brutal.  I made sure I kept my body parts away from the
whizzing u-joint; what a knuckle trimmer that would be.

Mike

Corvallis, OR