Re: [6pack] TR6 Oil Plug washer

To: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@comcast.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Oil Plug washer
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:21:56 -0700
        Bud:

        The standard plug is a pipe thread, and is self sealing.

        It sounds like your magnetic plug is not of that type, and relies on a
seal
between the head and the bung. Try a copper or perhaps nylon washer.
        FYI, on my car the leak was between the bung and the pan. It did not
stop
leaking until I removed the pan and had the bung brazed. You should check this
as well while you are trying to fix the leak.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast