Re: [6pack] Numbers Painted on the Block - John Mac?

To: "John Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Numbers Painted on the Block - John Mac?
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 23:27:36 +0100
> After having my block cleaned for a rebuild, I noticed these numbers written
>on the side of the
> block in organge paint.  Anybody know that these signified?  John Mac?

Hmm. Certainly the paint colour is familiar, though a little faded by time.
Methinks perhaps the guy
with the brush had washed it out in some thinners and was looking around for
something to rub it on
to get rid of the surplus paint? I passed the query on to an old friend who was
an apprentice in
Engine Assembly for a while - and he's just came back with this reply ....

"... looks like it was the symbol that pudding in the canteen today is Spotted
Dick WITH custard."

Any help?

Jonmac