[6pack] SU Throttle Linkage Setup

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] SU Throttle Linkage Setup
From: Steven Altomare <altomare.steven@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 17:29:41 -0400
Hi all,
So in this morning's drive I was left without a working throttle while going
down a hill.  It turns out the vertical threaded rod connecting from the
throttle linkage at the bottom of the carbs to the upper throttle shafts
somehow loosened and came apart.

I circled the part that I'm talking about in this picture:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i88/smaltomare25/100_3240.jpg

I got it back together and drove home but now I need to adjust it back the
way it was.  Is there some ideal length of that rod?  Should there be any
play in that ball/screw socket where the threaded rod meets the upper
throttle shafts? I know I've adjusted this before but I can't find the
measurements, and now that I think of it they may have been for the ZS's.

Also, these are SU HS6's I'm referring to here.

Thanks,

Steven