Re: [6pack] Crossland oil filter

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Crossland oil filter
From: Don Erickson <derick@zeni.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 17:20:08 -0500 (CDT)
On Sat, 30 May 2009, Sally or Dick Taylor wrote:

> Hi, Don---Let's say that you and the Bentley manual are right, and oil
> does flow from the outside to the inside of the filter. How then would
> the filter bi-pass work, as it looks like pressure from the inside out
> is necessary push the spring loaded bi-pass valve off it's seat, to let
> oil flow? (If the filter won't the oil pass thru).

Okay, look again at the Bentley manual drawing.  It shows the oil moving
along the outside of the plugged filter, then pushing open the
spring-loaded relief valve at the bolt, pushing it toward the engine
block, and thus getting around the plugged filter.  The valve is moved
off it's seat from oil pressure that is pushing from outside the
paper filter element.

I'm saying the Bentley drawing shows exactly how the overflow valve works.

Regards,

-Don