Re: [6pack] Tire Pressures

To: <forzion@maine.rr.com>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Tire Pressures
From: "Robert McBride" <rmcbride@mi.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:37:55 -0400
I took mine out for it's first run in two years just last week..  It still
has the redlines on it, started up easily so I pulled it out of the garage
gave the tires a quick look and went for a drive.. I had a rough ride
because of flat spots on the tires. And when stopping it wanted to pull to
the right.  I drove it about 6 miles came back and when I parked it noticed
a lot of smoke coming from the left front fender area. My first thought was
that the brake was dragging.

I had to get the hose and lightly sprayed the tire as I was afraid that the
heat might cause it to catch on fire..  After things cooled off I jacked her
up and checked the brake it was not dragging at all.. So I lowered it back
to the ground decided to add some air to the tires my inflater also has a
gage on it and I remember that all the tires were in the 20# range but I put
35# in each one to try and keep them from flat spotting so much again.

Took her for another ride and it was smoother riding but she still pulled to
the right on braking but didn't smoke after that run of about 3 miles.. Gee
at this rate I'll have 30,000 miles on her buy the end of summer.. was at
29,989 when I backed her back into the garage..

Looks like I'll have to do some more checking into the brakes..and repack
the wheel bearing...  Bob