[6pack] loss in family

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] loss in family
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 12:20:37 -0800 (PST)
This is not strictly LBC, but it is British car related.

I regret that I traded off my beloved '96 X12 a few weeks ago. The "Green
Witch" has passed from my hands. I loved it dearly but it simply wasn't
working out as my daily driver. The final straw was a hemorrhaging steering
rack. Fluid all over, quite a mess. A rebuilt assembly would run around $1500
if one could be located. While some parts chains have a part number at a
cheaper price, they will not fit. I tried. It's not that I didn't want to
service it, but parts are getting harder to come by. (sniff) I'll miss the
effortless torque of a six liter Jag V12 and its smooth purr at idle.

The new car, a VW Passat CC, is very nice and gets 2x the gas mileage, but it
ain't no XJ12. For some things there are no substitues.

A bottle of Chateau Thames Embankment was consumed (from within a paper
bag) in its memory. This stuff is like old brake fluid, but it blots out
unpleasant thoughts, and it keeps me reasonably regular.

Jim