Re: [6pack] Crankshaft Interchangability?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Crankshaft Interchangability?
From: shawn loseke <shawn.loseke@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:40:50 -0700
>From what I have seen the cranks are totally interchangeable, as long
as you interchange the flywheels as well. The flywheels are different
for the long and short cranks. From what I have heard, Fidanza
aluminum flywheels will not work with the long cranks, only the later
short cranks. For that reason alone the short crank might be the more
desireable.

I believe that the flywheel for the short crank is heavier, like 28
lbs compared to the flywheel for the long crank at 22 lbs. But if you
compared the weight of the cranks with their correct and respective
flywheels combined, the weight would be nearly the same. Making no
real advantage to one over the other, at least that is my take on it.

Shawn