Re: [6pack] What's a '74-1/2?

To: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@nc.rr.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] What's a '74-1/2?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 07:11:46 -0800
        Doug:

        My car is a 74-1/2, although I did not understand that when I bought
the car.
Imagine my concern when I went to order certain parts and found that the moss
catalog was "wrong". Took me a while to realize what I had was a version that
was only in production for 6 months, and that I had to order either 1974
parts, or 1975 parts, depending on what I was after. One example is figuring
out what the emissions system looked like. I wanted everything on my car
intact, including the emissions, so I had to sort all that out as my DPO had
thrown away anything related to emissions. My DPO had also installed the head
gasket upside down, among other things. Imagine the fun that created.
        Others have detailed the differences in the 1974-1/2 model, so I won't
repeat
them. Suffice to say that it is a useful designation indicating a group of
changes that Triumph made part way through the model year.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast