[6pack] Post your age (+ or -) when your TR was born

To: 6 Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Post your age (+ or -) when your TR was born
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 09:14:15 -0800
        I was 20 and a sophomore at Oregon State when my 1974-1/4 was built. I
didn't
pay any attention to the marque even though a buddy in high school drove a
Spitfire.
        It wasn't until I was married that I got my first TR, a one year old
1976 TR7
that I kept for 5 years. It was during that time I saw a nice example of a TR6
next to me at a gas station that I decided I would need to get one. The larger
engine, the IRS, the massive wheel size relative to the body, and the big grin
on the driver's face convinced me that someday I would own one.
        Fast forward 24 years later, I brought home one that barely ran for the
price
of $6k. Three years later after a frame off restoration, and she is all mine.
No car I have ever owned has brought me as many smiles per mile as the TR6.
What a hoot. Cheaper than therapy, and more effective.

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette
    Cogito Ergo Zoom
    I think, therefore I go fast