Re: [6pack] Post your age/First Triumph

To: 6 Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Post your age/First Triumph
From: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:15:14 -0500
OK, I'll take this on a different spin. I wasn't a rock star like Darrell when
I got my first Triumph:) Back in 1976 I was still living at home. In addition
to my car I had a  Yamaha 360 motorcycle. I had probably done all the stupid
stuff I could think of on that bike and figured it was time for something
bigger and better. Went shopping and fell in love with the new Triumph
Bonneville. I told my pop I wanted to buy one and he said "sure, if you think
you could afford one go ahead", knowing full well the bank wouldn't float me a
loan on a new bike. I was dating this cute red head at the time and sweet
talked her into co-signing the loan on my new bike. Pop was pretty surprised
to see me pulling in the driveway on a new bike with a hottie on the seat
behind me. I decided she was a keeper and somehow convinced her to marry me
later that year. 33 years later she is still letting me hang around:.) Man, I
do wish I still had that Bonneville. Hopefully I will stumble upon a
Bonneville project bike some day to restore and take the red head cruising on.

Marty