[6pack] Post your age when your TR was born

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Post your age when your TR was born
From: "Stuart Thompson" <stuartt@tlthompson.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:29:12 -0600
I was 17 when my 1974 TR6 came into existence. I was in high school
and there was a teacher who drove a 1973 model plus one of my friends
had a 1971 model. I was with him when we totalled that car at the lake,
head-on into a "Good Times" van. We both climbed out with no more
injury than a spilled beer.

I bought my first 1974 TR6 in 1987 at age 30. I sold it to the brother of
the friend I bought it from in 1992. He came by one day and asked me
"when are you going to sell it to me?" I said "make me an offer", not really
intending to sell it. Before I knew it he was driving off and I had a wad of
cash in hand.

I missed that car dearly and bought another one in 2003. I have no plans to
sell it because I don't intend to go through that heartache again.

Stuart Thompson