Re: [6pack] Age of car, age of me

To: rclark@robertsonclark.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Age of car, age of me
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:24:34 EST
In a message dated 2/23/2010 5:41:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rclark@robertsonclark.com writes:

I was 16  and my girlfriend's brother had a beautiful black 65 MGB and I
wanted  one.

Hey Bob,
I have the opposite story to tell. My only real early experience with
British cars came when I was driving a brand new 70 Plymouth Barracuda.   Here
comes Beverly's sister Mary Anne into the drive with a brand new MG  Midget.
Beverly had a 68 Mustang.  I tried one time to get into that  midget and
said, yuk! Little did I know that one day (1980) I would be into  the 76
Spitfire 1500 as my sportscar of choice. A buddy of mine had a 77 MGB  that I
ran
circles around.  Too bad for him for the 77 B's were the ones  with the bad
camshafts.  That car was a home for the homeless mice for  decades. The
1500 is still going strong.
Darrell