[6pack] dip stick felt/ how old were you when?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] dip stick felt/ how old were you when?
From: "walt" <waltp58@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:20:14 -0500
Dear 6-packers

Anyone know how thick the felt (I thought it was cork, but it's listed as
felt) on the oil dipstick is? Mine crumbled and fell apart. I thought I'd
just find some cork and make a new one, but I want to make sure that I'm
measuring the correct oil level.

And to add to the "how old were you when" posting - I was probably about 12
when an older boy in my neighborhood got a new one in around 1970. I thought
the big wheels just made it look really cool and it was just an aggressive
looking sports car. And then there was the sound! As I got older I got into
muscle cars and drag racing, but I always had a special feeling for the TR6.

When I met my future wife, her brother drove an MGA, and her dad had the
remains of two XK140's in the garage and was attempting to build one car
from them. We had an MGB for a while, which was fun, but what can I say, it
was an MG.

Flash forward to 2002. My next door neighbor was a Land Rover nut and I had
mentioned how much I like the TR6. Imagine my surprise when he called me
over one day to show me the 74 TR6 in his driveway that he had won in a
charity raffle. He wasn't exactly mechanically inclined, the car needed a
lot of work, so for a fee it moved to my garage, and the rest is history.

Walt

74' TR6